Friday, March 8, 2013

One week down

It's unreal to think we've only been here for one week, we've gotten so much done. I'm finally getting my head clear and starting to think ahead about the things I need to get going. Things like:

  • Taking that German driving test on Monday morning (and studying for it)
  • Looking at apartments and picking one
  • Researching which German language course I can take (I'm already tired of relying on our friends to explain what the menu items are, and I'm not quite brave enough to play menu roulette, nor do I want to cave and ask for an English menu; the hubby has been doing SO GREAT speaking German at restaurants so he is definitely my hero in that respect)
  • Applying for grad school
  • Lining up all of our side trips (day trips, weekend, longer, etc)
  • Decide on wedding photo prints/albums/etc
  • Actually reviewing my wedding vendors
More than these, I need to get myself into a routine. The hotel/room service/daily dinners aren't helping me get out of vacation mode, nor are they good for my waistline. I'd like to work out more, but I've never been a gym person, and I'm way too far from my favorite Jordins Paradise classes. There are some classes available, but we're still without our car and there isn't a good way for me to get over there yet. After posting this though, I will be doing some things I've been pinning on Pinterest.

I think I'll try to do a posting each Monday, Wednesday and Friday, since that seemed to work well this week. Maybe that will center my week with something to complete (for all you fans of course!)

I really want to keep up the momentum of the last week! Wish me luck.

4 comments:

  1. Love the blog, Kim! Are you going to do grad school locally in Germany or online via an American Uni?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be doing an online American program. It's between two right now, both in organizational leadership/development.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We miss you in class! What an adventure you are having. I love reading the blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss you guys too! Glad you like reading :-)

      Delete