Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Das Auto ist hier!

The car has arrived after spending a 1.5 month long Atlantic cruise! Hubby went to pick it up yesterday, and today I'll get to see it with its spiffy Euro license plates. We're keeping it at his work since it costs extra to keep it at the hotel (and we really don't need it at the hotel). Our drivers licenses arrived in the mail so we don't have to carry around our temporary ones anymore.

Also, we are close to finding an apartment! We haven't heard back from the first one we visited, and when we inquired about another unit (with another realtor) in the same complex, she informed us that the landlord didn't want to rent to Americans. (Grr, some stupid Americans probably ruined it for us!)

So, I found a REALLY great place and told the hubby I wanted to go look. I won't share the details just yet, but suffice it to say that although we wouldn't have a river view, we would have multiple balconies with city views since it's close to everything. They call it a duplex unit, but it's definitely more like what we think of as a townhouse. That's really the only thing I don't love - there are a LOT of stairs. Bright side: I guess that means it's less time I'll need to spend on the elliptical.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment