I flew home to Germany on Sunday evening, landing Monday morning, and it was one of the most delightful flights I've ever had. It was only half full so I was able to snag an entire row (three seats) all for myself for the 7.5 hour ride. I had the hubby's noise-canceling headphones with me as well as an eye mask. I totally took advantage of the entire row and got to sleep - way more comfortable than sitting up! The landing was also one of the best I've ever had.... almost made up for the whole canceled flight thing on the way out of the country.
The hubby and I were super busy today. We spent all morning painting the office room and master bathroom and they look just as good as the master bedroom which he took care of when I was in the U.S. We had planned to go to Ikea in the afternoon until we realized it's May Day, a national holiday. Oh well - we ended up getting curtain rods from base, and got to hang up the curtains I bought and brought back from Target! So excited to have these in our bedroom now!
We also bought these lovely lounge chairs!!
To celebrate our painting, we had a beer on the lounge chairs before dinner. Though everything is closed on holidays, we were lucky because today marks the first day of Mainz's wine festival down at the Rhine. So, we ventured down there to see tons and tons of wine and food stands. Yum and yum. We started with a bratwurst and curry wurst and then shared a ham, salami and cheese crepe, a big glass of wine each, and then got some glazed nuts on the way out. It runs for 5 days so we'll definitely be back.
We also put Maurice, who had previously been in Maryland, up above the fridge to oversee things.
Our stuff is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. We are SO excited to finally have all of our material possessions!
No comments:
Post a Comment