This camel has no idea the scarf has a pocket!
For obvious reasons, I needed a new purse and I needed it to be awesome. I don't like carrying a lot of stuff and feeling weighed down. I totally found IT. I cannot tell you how much this purse rocks my socks, it has it all... credit card slots (that also block electronic thieves) so I don't need a separate wallet, lockable zippers, front outside pocket, back outside pocket, perfect spots inside for my phone, cash, passport, and it even comes with a little LED flashlight. It's slashproof on the straps as well as in the body and goes with everything. Totally new favorite thing to wear not just on trips but daily as well. If you click on this link it will take you to the Travelon website - in case the size I have is too big or small, they got tons of other options.


(Though the gorgeous location certainly helps)

When Matt and I went to Lake Como for the first time, we were limited to one backpack each, which meant the nice Nikon stayed home. Not a problem for the Nexus 4 - took some really great photos and even framed them! Good quality and thanks to auto updating from Google, every time I'm logged into WiFi they automatically backup to my account. Obviously when it's time for a phone upgrade, I'll be taking into account the camera abilities pretty closely.
I don't travel with liquid makeup remover, that's just a spill in my bag waiting to happen. I've tried a few brands but I keep going back to the Target store brand stuff.
When you have a little purse, you don't want your sunglasses to break when you stuff them inside if they're too big. Luckily when I was in Cheryl and Matt's wedding last year, one of my bridesmaid gifts were these fabulous aviators, which lay super flat in my bag. And are super snazzy.
Comfy shoes are a must, and these are not only soft and squishy, but also incredibly lightweight. I have a pair in solid black and then also blue/gray. They go with a lot of outfits, too. Way better to be in normal shoes than flip flops during the summer - there's no telling what kind of conditions you'll be walking on. Unfortunately my particular shoes appear to be discontinued, but I'll be constantly checking with their website for similar styles in their e360 line - love them!
When I don't eat, I get angry. Hungry + angry = Hangry. When I'm hangry, everyone suffers. So I bring 1-2 granola bars, lately the Quaker Oats banana nut bread oatmeal squares. They have the most protein so it keeps me going longer.
Super convenient if the bathroom doesn't have any soap, which happens. Also good if you've been taking camel rides or hanging around monkeys.
Carabiner
I can hook a bag into or on my purse, a small zip bag onto the inside of my jacket, it can be an emergency securing device, it does it all.
Honorable mentions...
1. Compact Totes Umbrella - fits well inside my small bag and still expands pretty full.
2. Tissues (another handy thing if the bathroom conditions somewhere are less than optimal)
3. Chapstick
4. Slippers that lay flat - easy to pack and use in hotels where you just aren't sure about the floor...
But the #1 Travel must-have, can't live without-it is....
The right travel partner.
Long story short, don't forget to pack your Matt!
Honorable mentions...
1. Compact Totes Umbrella - fits well inside my small bag and still expands pretty full.
2. Tissues (another handy thing if the bathroom conditions somewhere are less than optimal)
3. Chapstick
4. Slippers that lay flat - easy to pack and use in hotels where you just aren't sure about the floor...
But the #1 Travel must-have, can't live without-it is....
The right travel partner.
Long story short, don't forget to pack your Matt!



No comments:
Post a Comment