Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Sorry, we're still being kinda boring

It's not that I don't want to write something incredibly clever and/or thought-provoking three times a week- I do.

But lately we've been leading a fairly boring existence filled with mundane errand-running, homework and paper writing, application developing, and binge Netflix watching. (Oh House of Cards, you saucy, saucy program!)

As a result, I might have what you would call writer's block. But only a little. I've been concentrating the bulk of my writing energies into completing my latest grad school paper, a 10-12 page assignment about diversity at Zappos, due on March 2nd. It's coming along nicely.

And cooking, still doing a lot of cooking. In fact, once I get this entry posted I'm going to play around in the kitchen and try out a recipe for Flemish Beef Stew. Matt once had it in Brussels and raved about it, so I'm hoping to recreate some of the magic.

Did I tell you I made falafel last week? Because I did...

It came out a little too crumbly for me, so I'll work on adding more moisture into it next time. Still really delicious though.


For Valentines Day, Matt not only got me flowers, but also made me a terribly delicious dinner of chicken parmesean, one of my favorite things.


Matt had his birthday, so I made him chicken enchiladas and baked a cake. Matt is very particular about his birthday cake - he likes yellow cake with chocolate frosting, but he prefers it to be of the round double-decker variety. Fine by me, except our oven is oh-so-very-small so I had to bake one cake half at a time. Silly German ovens.

Uh... what else? Since Matt was off on Monday, we went and washed the car. It's much shinier and nicer now. Here it is all toweled off after we also vacuumed out the inside.
 (This sign tells you not to wash the inside of your engine. Good idea.)
Seriously, that's it. I do have a good post coming up soon about my favorite travel things, so once that is ready to go, you can enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment