Monday, December 30, 2013

A review of adventures during the fall.

Fall was full, fuller than I expected!

Full of beer at Oktoberfests in Munich....




...and Mainz.

The government shut down for awhile, forcing us to make some extra cash

So we could afford lavish alcoholic beverages.

We had a packed trip to London....



and I started my German class.

We got itchy for Italy, so we headed down there again....






....and checked out Monte Carlo on the way.

Grad school class #2 started, so I got back to work.

Still not full of beer, we headed over to Belgium to our favorite abbey....
and picked up some tasty snacks to enjoy later.
German class ended, and my morning routine shifted back to normal.

With the holiday season upon us, we embraced the Christmas markets....






.... and visited Berlin to round out the season.







Sadly the season ended with pickpockets taking both of our wallets in Berlin, so that marred our trip a bit, but it could have been worse. The winter promises a gray and cold reality, but I'm sure we'll be up to no good in no time at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment