I was going to do all of this until, on our way to the train station yesterday morning, Matt and I got our wallets stolen.
We were walking up stairs from the subway station, hauling our suitcases (but not walking near each other), and BOTH of us got robbed. I didn't realize it at first, but Matt did, and then I checked inside my purse and it was gone. If this team put in half the effort they did in doing this to us (and probably some other people too), I'm sure they could get much better jobs to do instead. I consider myself a pretty compassionate person but I still find myself wishing them all the worst and more. It makes me sick that there are people like this in the world.
What we still had were our passports, tablet, both cell phones, camera, and headphones. And a few coins of cash.
Oh, and some snacks for the train. But all in all, definitely enough cards and cash to be put into a really bad mood.
Although it could have been so much worse, it definitely ruined the entire trip for me. A black cloud is completely over traveling right now in my mind. I'd just like to put out a PSA to everyone who reads this, that it can happen to anyone. Matt and I consider ourselves pretty seasoned travelers so we were (and are) pretty ticked off.
I'm hoping that I'll be in a better mood next week to post the rest of the trip, but it's really all I can concentrate on at the moment. We'll be spending the better part of the day getting new IDs lined up, after spending a few hours last night on the phone with credit card companies.
Here's one though - it's in the Reichstag building, which is Germany's Parliament headquarters (now known as the Bundestag).
I'm certainly happy that milk is less than a Euro here, so when I go buy some it won't look as pathetic when I use coins. Hopefully we'll have our ATM cards soon so we don't have to feel so poor.
Hope everyone is having a better day!

That's awful :(
ReplyDelete