Friday, September 13, 2013

1/4 of grad class #1 down.

At least, it will be when I finish this paper and turn it in before Sunday. There's 80 points on the line, people!

I find it completely silly that it is taking me so long to write a 500-word paper. That's about a page and a half. (Plus a ton of killjoy citations and formatting fun). I get that the last academic paper I completed was way back in December 2006, but that one was 30+ pages. I'm really out of practice. Can't I just write a work email, or a memo or something? I write good memos...

Other than class and a fun enchilada night, there hasn't been all that much going on this week. Oh - it did hail on Wednesday. The strange weather here definitely solidifies the claim that Mainz is the Maryland of Germany - last week it was in the 90s. Wacky.

But yes, a chill week. Looking back on the few photos that I took with my phone, it's pretty boring stuff - like me sitting at my desk doing homework. It's gotten a little chillier out which is nice, because now I can cuddle up in throws and drink tea and walk around in fluffy slippers. In a nod to the weather, I also made delicious chili for dinner.

This weekend we might hit the Frankfurt Auto show, which is supposed to be 8 times larger than the one in DC. I never went, and I can't say I'm into cars, but I do like shiny expensive things. So we'll see - hopefully I'll be able to share some cool pictures of something with you all next week.

Okay really now - back to my paper...

No comments:

Post a Comment