Groceries.
- I love that the eggs I buy aren't washed (which is keeping a protective layer on, allowing them to be un-refrigerated) and it's always a little funny when I have to inspect them carefully before breaking to avoid eating any renegade feathers still stuck. (I had another picture of a HUGE feather that I found, but thought that might be a little too crazy for you guys to show you!)
- Yogurts and milk, and really any dairy products are delicious.
- Tasty lunch meat and amazing cheeses.
- I can buy these Espresso Sticks easily.
- My main grocery store is half a block from my apartment.
- Beer. Enough said.
- Wine /weinschorle. Weinschorle is a delicious blend of wine and sparkling water, creating a wine spritzer kind of drink that is super tasty. You find it most often with some of their sweeter Rieslings, which cuts the sugar perfectly.
- Sparkling water. I've really grown accustomed to fizzy water, and although I'm having some here, it somehow tastes better in Germany. They did have the German brand Apollinaris at the store, but it was too expensive... maybe I'll treat myself later in the trip.
There really isn't a good U.S. equivalent of wine, beer, music, and other festivals. You can drink outside, sample goodies (like pan fried noodle dishes, oh my goodness probably my most favorite festival food!) and relax. You drink out of real glasses because Germans can be trusted to not break things, and if there's a fee to return the glass, you do and get a few Euro back. (Hubby really likes this, because it's like someone is paying him to drink responsibly.)
Weather.
The weather is also far and away better. I video chatted with the hubby yesterday and asked what the temperature was: 60-65 degrees. How pleasant. At the time it was a humid 90-something and sunny. Blech. And it keeps sporadically raining. I miss that river breeze already.
However, I am enjoying the fact that when I wake up on most mornings, there is Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee brewing. And I got to roam around a Costco yesterday. And the Container Store.
Anyway, here is the schedule of posts for July:
Monday July 1: regular post
Wednesday July 3: regular post
Friday July 5: no post - I'm at a certain bride's beck and call for her upcoming nuptials!
Monday July 8: regular post
Wednesday July 10 - Wednesday July 24: no posts (I'll be at the beach, traveling, and generally enjoying my holiday!)
Friday July 26: back to the regular schedule
Even though I won't be blogging regularly, I will be constantly updating my Instagram account with new and awesome pictures, so feel free to stalk me there :-)
Happy weekend, all!



No comments:
Post a Comment