I can't tell you how great it is to go on a trip to another country and not have to go to the airport - no TSA, no bag limit, and no hassles. Oh yeah - and no time zone change!
We left our apartment to get on a train to Frankfurt where we'd catch the high speed train to Paris on Saturday morning. Some of us took a nap:
We pulled into the Paris East station a little after 1:00pm, after 4 hours on the train. I had bookmarked the metro stations so we'd know where to get on/off, and we checked into our hotel by 2:00pm.
We had lunch nearby before heading down to see the Arc de Triomphe before strolling down the Champs-Élysées, and walked over to our dinner destination, Maison de la Truffe (House of Truffles!)
Our dinner was great! Recently the hubby has discovered how tasty the truffle is, so I thought it would be fun to go to a restaurant that featured them. Mmm, steak and risotto.....
On the way back we stopped to take a picture here for the hubby:
On Sunday we got an early start because I heard the lines were atrocious at the Catacombes. As soon as we got off the metro nearby, we smelled the bakery. Hubby insisted I go in and buy him a chocolate croissant. He had his hungry eyes on:
That's the sight of a man in love. With chocolate.
After we were fueled up with those, some McDonald's breakfast sandwiches and an espresso, we got to stand in a line for two hours.
Yup. It took that long, since they only allow 200 people down there at once, but we stuck it out so we could get down to see a cave full of bones!
So creepy! But fun :-)
After some lunch, we went over to Notre Dame, were I heard there was supposed to be an organ concert, something that hubby was really looking forward to.
Alas, it was not a concert. We stumbled into a mass instead.
Bummer. Pretty, but a bummer.
Next post is all about that beautiful thing, the Eiffel Tower :-)



As my students would say: "Man, miss, you're making me jelly"
ReplyDelete