Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Some of the Rental Furniture has arrived!

I was so SO excited to get some items before I headed back to the U.S. Unfortunately it was during a heat wave in Mainz, so the day before it showed up, I was sweating it out inside moving boxes, bins, suitcases and all sorts of things to make room for the closets, guest bedroom and other stuff.  It wasn't any cooler when the guys showed up so I can only imagine how un-fun their job that day was as they moved and assembled furniture.

So worth it to have closets and drawers to put our clothes after months of tossing them on the floor (hubby's preferred solution) or stacking them in piles on other objects. Only one of the wardrobes showed up, so I put hubby's clothes away since he'll be the one using it while I'm gone. The deal was he gets the smaller, two-door wardrobe and also a 7-drawer tall dresser, but I get the three-door wardrobe, which has shelves built in.

Here's some of our bedroom stuff:




At the entrance, we decided to house this large wardrobe to for coats and assorted outerwear, in addition to picnic and sporting items...




And the guest bedroom looks like it fell out of an Ikea catalog:



It's starting to feel like a home now. Hubby and I also hung up some of our pictures on the walls and I started organizing the wedding pictures to FINALLY get large prints and albums pulled together. We also got our lighting fixture for the dining room, which is going to look near identical to the style of furniture we're getting. It's a long process but I think that when it's all said and done, we're going to be really happy with the final product.

No comments:

Post a Comment