Monday, July 1, 2013

Halfway through the year, and so much more to do!

Hubby went to Belgium over the weekend and I was sad I missed it, especially since he told me that all the chocolate he bought might not be there when I got back. He bought a lot of beer too, but chocolate, man?! You better save some for your adorable wife!

Anyway, I can't wait to see what I can accomplish for the remainder of the year, because I have a lot of to dos already scheduled....

  • Weekend in Lake Como/Milan, Italy
  • Trip to London
  • Start German language classes
  • Get started on my Masters degree
  • Receive the rest of our rental furniture (dining set, wardrobe, mattress) and put the rest of our stuff away (finally!) so we can start having fun dinner parties
  • Start making more homemade items (muffins, enchilada sauce, ooooh, and hand soap!)
  • Get into a cleaning routine (the house is perpetually dusty because there isn't AC and hence, no air filter gets stuff out of the way - and did we mention that our place is nearly 1800 square feet? That's a LOT of cleaning!)
  • Continue my workouts (and find out if I can install a pole with our popcorn ceilings) so I can drink all the beer that hubby brought back from Belgium (especially if he does eat all the chocolate)
  • Plan additional trips/prepare for guests
  • All the other daily stuff... making meals for hubby, laundry, grocery shopping and planning, etc.
And that's just what I know about! Living abroad means sometimes there are last-minute trips I get to take because of a special deal or unexpected friend's arrival, so there are a lot of times where it pays to have a schedule so I can be flexible with other things. I'll also need to research upcoming daily trips and Saturday things to do, like festivals and special outings so hubby has something to look forward to on the weekends.

This "lady of leisure" stuff does not include a lot of leisure time. Sometimes it feels more like cruise director/ maid service. I'm tired just thinking about it. For the time being, I'll enjoy being in the states and seeing my friends and enjoying the vast amounts of delicious Mexican food.

No comments:

Post a Comment