So the German movers we had were the epitome of efficiency. They got our entire huge apartment done in less than one day. They started with the couch at the very start of the day, and from then on there was nowhere to sit!
BAM! Living room done.
Dining room table, before the legs come off.
I did do a lot of legwork in prepping stuff to be packed, like clothes, linens, etc, so that everything was just sitting out and ready.
They had so much bubble wrap I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL IT ALL SHOWS UP!! Think of all the popping fun!
So let's talk about the moving day. The guys showed up on day two with their smaller truck, with the knowledge that the flatbed with our 20-ft. shipping container would be arriving in a few hours. To make for smoother work, they brought everything downstairs to the driveway and waited.
This was the first thing downstairs - the giant big buffet table - made it down but man was it stressful to watch (and they were totally sweating it out).The most stressful part of the day, though? Someone did NOT abide by the no parking signs we put up with our parking permit. This car is about to have a really bad day, because we had it towed!
HAHA! Have you heard of the wonderful German word, Schadenfreude? Taking pleasure in other's misfortunes? This summed it up perfectly. I'm glad they got towed, how very un-German to not abide by the signs!
Let's start stuffing everything in!
These signs clearly state don't park here. Sorry guy, enjoy paying a ton of Euros to get your car back!
Will it all fit?
The beds go in last (Just two beds - one has a bottom)
I will miss my old address :-(
At last! All done - watched the guys lock everything and see it go down the street.
I'm so glad this part is over, it was such a relief to see our things go away. Unfortunately we ended up with a ton of stuff to carry-on, but we're dealing with it.
Only three more posts left - so sorry it's been a little hectic with our visits and travels, but I promise we'll have three more posts full of fun and adventures!!























No comments:
Post a Comment