Friday, September 19, 2014

The Black Forest

Part of our trip last week included a drive down to the Black Forest in Germany. We had heard how pretty it was and were not disappointed.

Our first stop was Triburg. The main attraction was the waterfalls a short walk from the center of town (and our hotel).

The views were really nice from our room. I wasn't expecting a balcony (nor was I expecting those church bells to ring every 15 minutes.)
Although the bed wasn't the most comfortable, and the towels were some of the scratchiest I've encountered, the breakfast was really tasty. And at the beginning of the day, that's what matters.

After settling in, Matt and I went for a mini hike around the falls, enjoying the balmy weather.

Squirrels are not common in Germany, but you can find them here (and pay one Euro for a bag of nuts to feed them if you wanted)
Which way to go? Easy or hard? Lame-o Matt wanted to go to the right.
He's a sassy hiker.
But it wasn't all that bad, though.
So pretty!


Ernest Hemingway also visited at one time, so they have a plaque.



The town is just a short walk away.
We really enjoyed listening to the sound of the water.
On the way to dinner, I was super excited to find a new little cuddle buddy - we haven't named this sweet little boar yet, but we think he's pretty cool.

Our second stop was to Freiburg. We walked around the cathedral before wandering around the open-air market and grabbing some lunch.





Mmm, hot dog....
Next week I'll review the second portion of our trip - Switzerland!!

No comments:

Post a Comment