Barcelona has some really great food. They're known for their tapas places, and although we didn't really get to eat at them until about halfway through the trip, it's probably for the best. It's pretty addictive to essentially eat delicious appetizers for your meal.
We typically started the day with a coffee and croissant.
All over town, we saw huge hams. Sadly, this would prove too troublesome to get back home, so we had to pass (plus these were quite expensive, as in hundreds of Euros)
I did think it was strange how similar the brands are, though. I recognize the logo for this stuff from bread we can find in the U.S.
One morning we really went crazy, and I got this sausage cheese roll thing and Matt got hot chocolate and churros. Both were good decisions.
About that tapas tour.... I didn't really take any pictures of the food since we were talking to people in our group, but I did snap this drinking challenge early in the evening.
After seeing some guy at another table order this, Matt had to have one, too. Why don't Americans put hot dogs on delicious baguette rolls?! It's a genius move.
Hmm, I wonder what they serve here?
It was all yummy.
Here are some potatoes with semi spicy sauce...
... and Manchego cheese.
Matt and I also enjoyed some chips and guacamole (and pita crisps with hummus) at the beach one afternoon.
My favorite tapas restaurant was this one, Tosca. We started with the traditional bread with garlic, oil, and tomato topper and moved on from there.
Mmm, sweet potato and feta spring rolls :-)
And for me, miss fancy pants, I got the foie gras, brie, and jam plate.
After finishing off those plates, we wandered into another tapas place later that evening for even more delicious treats.
See what I mean? We easily made a meal out of many small dishes and waddled back to the hotel fully stuffed.
Barcelona is a great city for eating and sitting by the beach, but next time I'll try to come when it's not so touristy and crowded so I can enjoy it more...















No comments:
Post a Comment