Matt has been studying and interviewing for a new job, and we are pleased to report that last week he accepted an offer.
We immediately broke out the champagne. Because that's what you do when you have a lot of champagne.
We went for the Mumm. Mmm, Mumm.
We went for the Mumm. Mmm, Mumm.
Here is where it gets especially insane......
Matt's new job? It's in SEATTLE.
Who's it with? It's NOT with the Government.
It's....
With.....
,,,,,
.......
.......aaaahhhh!
THE GOOGLE!
I could not be prouder of my husband!
He has not been enjoying his current job like he used to, so he's been looking to make a change. This has involved countless mornings and evenings studying material in order to prepare for some pretty serious interviews. It's been going on all summer, and earlier this month he even flew to Seattle for final interviews. (Yes - they flew the poor guy halfway around the world. And he brought me back a bag of espresso beans and a whole lotta jet lag.)
Anyway, Matt starts his new job mid-October. This has several implications:
1. Ugh, We have to move again. And quickly. And internationally.
2. We have a boatload of last-minute trips to take before we leave the continent.
3. Sadly, this blog will be ending a lot sooner than expected.
While I know you're super bummed about not getting your Euro-fix, rest assured that I share in your grief. But only a little. I love living here and am so glad we have had this amazing opportunity, but now it's on to the next opportunity. I'm so excited for Matt!
I've never been to Seattle before but have heard great things. I tend to do this, though - make huge moves to places I've never been before. It's worked out so far. We both know some people there, so it's going to be great catching up with them. I hope I can adjust to being a West coaster!
It's going to be hard to leave Europe, but it's the right move for us. I'm looking forward to returning to work, and Matt is giddy at the idea of working on challenging projects surrounded by incredibly talented and smart people. Oh-and I never ever have to make him lunch again because Google has a ton of on-site food options to keep him busy. Plus a gym, and kayaks to borrow. And a billion other perks.
So keep reading! Like I said, we have an ambitious schedule of trips to take before leaving in six weeks or so (oh gosh that's making my heart beat so much faster, SIX weeks! So much to do!) and we definitely plan on making the most of it.
Hello, Seattle!


No comments:
Post a Comment