Apfelwein, or essentially a hard cider, is a pretty big deal in Frankfurt. Matt and I met up with some friends on Saturday to go enjoy some, along with some food (of course).
I started out with the rose apfelwein which was totally ymmy.
I also got to eat one of my favorite sandwiches ever - this is a ham sandwich where the ham has been simmering in apfelwein, along with sauerkraut and a little mustard. The roll is soft and squishy and oh gosh it's practically perfect.
We quickly realized that it would be cheaper to just get a Bemble, which is this jug. You have to pay a deposit for it, too (this one was 30 Euro! I guess they want them returned!)
Also served? Delicious flammkuchen. Nutella crepes were also enjoyed later in the evening.
Yay!
After a fun evening of partying hard, we headed back on the train. These doggies didn't seem to mind the wait.
Hooray for apfelwein!







No comments:
Post a Comment