Friday, August 1, 2014

Quick post & sorry for being anti-social

Sorry for the lack of posts this week, it's been busy. No matter how much work I got done last week in Berlin, there's always more to do. I have a big project due at the end of the month and I have to get it done ahead of time since I'll be away on a trip.

I think I'll take off next week from blogging to concentrate on it all. Maybe that way I can get a bit ahead. But don't worry - I promise not to do anything terribly fun. Unless you consider homework fun, in which case, would you like to do my homework, please??

Anyway, we made it back from Berlin, this time with our cash and cards, so take that, Berlin! The only snafu was that our train leaving the city was late, which meant we didn't end up getting back home until 1am Monday morning. Bleh.

Berlin is a great city - I think that if you have limited time in Europe, Berlin should make the cut. Not only is it more reasonably priced compared to other cities, the history is so freaking fresh. I mean, we can walk along where the Berlin wall was, because the lines are on the ground all over the city, and pieces of the wall are still up.

They've got good museums, tasty food (props to that falafel guy on Sunday for giving me the spiciest sandwich I've ever had), and excellent shopping. Having the food area at Galerie Lafayette is like being able to go anywhere in Europe for the best snacks, all available in one place.

I'll miss the free cokes.....

And view....

But we hauled home plenty of chocolate to keep us company.

See you all back here bright and early on August 11th! I'll do my best to have a super awesome and amazing post then.

No comments:

Post a Comment