Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Preparing to improvise Thanksgiving

We'll see how this goes. I'm interested to see how a blending of American and German products will make Thanksgiving dinner. I've never done a full turkey anyway, so I'm not all that broken up about it. I got some turkey fillets, some sauce mix, potato mix (in addition to small potato rounds, just in case), and my broccoli casserole fixings (though I probably need to go back and get additional broccoli). I even found cranberries (Preiselberre). The commissary helped out a bit with pumpkin pudding and small graham crusts (for mini pumpkin pies) and the stuffing mix and cans for the broccoli casserole.


Maybe I should get some rolls, too. I feel like we're missing some more starches here.

The other pressing question: what kind of wine should we have with this??

I'll cover how it turned out on Friday, and hopefully some pictures from the Mainz Christmas market, which opens tomorrow too!

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment