I love my husband a lot. But he was home constantly due to the shutdown. That means he was in the home office while I tried to do homework and write papers, fixing himself food while I tried to clean, and generally got in my way.
Hausfraus do not get furloughed.
My husband also insisted on binge-consuming all the episodes of Breaking Bad.
Yes, he made pancakes for breakfast. That was nice. We also got to use our tiny little grill on Thursday afternoon. See?
We finally got around to turning in some bottles at the store, and got about 5 Euro back. Germany is cool like that, unlike the U.S. (side note: work on making that a thing too, after you fix your current stuff).
It was awfully nice of you to approve his back-pay. To celebrate, we got this enormous bowl of flaming alcohol:
I love my husband a lot, but, can you just please do your job so he can go back to work and do his? He got called in today, which is somewhat okay- except that this thing isn't over yet, meaning you're not paying him yet. And who knows if they'll change their minds again. I just sent my husband to go work for free because some of you have sticks up your you-know-whats.
Don't send him home again. He only has one pair of lounge pants.
Don't send him home again. He only has one pair of lounge pants.
Thanks, now seriously - get back to work,
Kim



No comments:
Post a Comment