Did you know you can get beer shipped to you?!
As has been stated before, Matt's current favorite brand of beer is Schneider Weisse. It's found down in Bavaria, so it's not one that's easy to find up here in Western Germany. When my parents were in town we went to the brewery for lunch, yet were saddened to find the store closed. Matt was bummed because he wanted a case of most of the varieties they carry. We even tried to head back there on the return trip, but alas.
After checking around at a few Getrankemarkt (which translates to "drink stores") in the area and only finding one variety that we already had, Matt took to ordering it online. He ordered a total of 18 bottles.
Yep, it's a thing. A postman tried to deliver it, but I wasn't at home to receive it, so Matt and I headed to the post office to pick it up. Unfortunately for Matt, it was only in one huge and heavy box so I couldn't be much help. I trailed behind him as he carried it, in a vain attempt to be an effective stop between it landing and smashing on the sidewalk should it slip from his hands.
But yay, it's here! We'll totally do that again. Matt has already enjoyed one on the balcony.
Next time I'll be more aware of when we order it so I can be around to sign for it. It's really nice to have the option to have alcohol delivered to your door - that really speeds up the whole drinking thing, so, hats off to the postal service in Deutschland.

No comments:
Post a Comment