New (favorite) cocktail: Aperol Spritz
And my latest own creation: chicken burrito bowls. There is a Chipotle in Frankfurt, but we haven't been over there yet. On a Sunday I was just going to slice up the chicken and serve it with veggies when I realized I could just make some yummy bowls instead. Here's what I used, from the bottom of the bowl to the top:
Cut up Romaine lettuce
Scoop of cooked brown rice
Scoop of cooked black beans (I simmered them with some cilantro)
Scoop of cooked chicken bites (cooked with two chipotle peppers in adobo sauce)
Topped with: fresh tomatoes, sour cream, shredded cheese, avocado, and salsa
So absolutely delicious and really filling especially with that brown rice. It makes a lot, too, with just a regular portion of rice, one can of beans and two or three chicken breasts. Next time I'll make sure not to devour it all so we can have leftovers for lunch the next day.
This week I finally broke out the crock pot since we now have a transformer we can leave in the dining room. It was soo great being tortured by italian chicken and mushrooms cooking in red sauce all day! The next day we had leftovers as rice bowls with the remaining shredded chicken and mushrooms (and threw in some broccoli as well). I can't wait to make more crock pot meals!
In the coming weeks I'm going to try and pick out a food processor. After that, I'm hoping to try my hand at homemade hummus, incorporating pulsified veggies into sauces, and stuff like that. Mmm...
No comments:
Post a Comment