Yay! Beginning in September, I will start attending Colorado State University's Global Campus to get my Master of Science in Organizational Leadership, with a specialization in Strategic Innovation and Change Management!
CSU is on a trimester system, which means I'll be taking one class every 8 weeks. The trimesters usually roll into each other so I can either just keep taking one class right after another, or take off a month in between. If I take one right after another, I've estimated that I can be done with the degree by the summer of 2015.
It seems like the right time to get this degree since I'm a full-time hausfrau, but if you read my post last week about all the things I do each day, you know that I still have some schedule adjusting to do. I'll also have to figure out what trips we can take and when. Luckily, I already know what classes I'll be taking and the order that I'll be completing them, and have access to the syllabus for each, so that will help me plan things out a little better.
The entire program, since it's through their "Global Campus," is online. I'll be using Blackboard (which will be kinda neat after working there for a bit) and completing readings, commenting on message boards, commenting on other student's comments, etc. The courses sound pretty interesting, so I hope they live up to their titles. My first class is Effective Organizations: Theory and Practice.
Even though I've been out of school for 6 and a half years, I always associate Fall with school so I'm excited I have school to think about again! I wish I had back-to-school shopping to do, though - that's really the best part. Maybe I should just go buy a spiral notebook anyway, I do love my notebooks. Or a "first day" outfit.... otherwise it will just be my typical daily uniform of t-shirt and leggings.
Woo hoo!
Congratulations, Kim! Best of luck!! <3 Cheryl
ReplyDelete