Add in some perfect weather and sunshine, and you're bound to have a great time.
The town itself is the epitome of quaint. Here is the group after we've gotten our glasses and are getting ready to start!
Susan, who used to live in Oppenheim, pulled us off the path briefly to show us an awesome crypt:
The views were great:
Soon we came upon a cool burned down castle and the first station. We hung out here for awhile.
Then we made our way up and over to the next station that boasted some impressive views. (In the distance in this first picture is the Rhine):
Here's the hubby. Looks happy to be out in the sun with some wine :-)
We hung out here where hubby and I shared a sausage and roll. Look how freaking long my hair is! I just got it cut on Saturday so luckily it's tons lighter now.
We kept walking to the next station where things started to get a little loopy, and by loopy I mean that people stopped ordering glasses of wine and started ordering bottles of wine to pass around. Here is our traveling group:
I also took the opportunity to take a short video.....
And get some shots of the pretty purple along the vines....
And be a creeper with the zoom lens....
A station later was for flatbread so some people stayed to wait (they take about 30 minutes), and some of us continued on... (and by then, hubby didn't care that I was making him carry that floral bag)
We could also see Frankfurt in the distance!
Things were getting out of hand. Hubby was buying bottles....
....and Germans that I didn't know were posing for me......
....and then hubby was drunkenly chatting with said Germans.....
Even though I got super burned and all the sun and wine ended up contributing to my current nasty cold/allergy combination, we had such a blast!
No comments:
Post a Comment