Wednesday, July 16, 2014

European habits.

Here's what I've picked up and will likely take with me when we move back to the U.S....

-Sparkling water. Although I wish there were more reasonably priced varieties in the U.S. I'm also a fan of these 1-liter bottles.

-Mayo instead of ketchup for french fries. Delish.

-Nutella obsession. Although to be fair it may not be the same since they adjust the formula slightly depending on the country. I don't think I've tried American-import Nutella yet. (Side note: delicious discovery of the day: homemade Nutella latte.)

-Ritter Sport bars. My favorite is the peppermint.

-Fresh fruit and veggies all the freaking time! I'm going to have to be one of those farmers market people, I guess.

-Water kettle. How did I get by without this for so long?

What I won't miss:

-Lack of ice, lack of free water at restaurants

-Creatively hooking up an AC unit (and all the dust and dirt that comes with no central air)
(Yes, that is just a piece of cardboard held to my door with masking tape. Super fancy, I know).

-This stupid little vacuum cleaner that accomplishes very little and continuously bumps into me as I move it around. I want to use my Dyson soo bad....

-My ridiculously small kitchen sink that fits hardly anything at all.
I don't know how many glasses I've broken from bumping into the sides. Oh - there's also no garbage disposal, so it's a total pain.

And with that - back to homework! My professor has his doctorate in English, and had lots of comments and deductions on my first paper, so yeah....

No comments:

Post a Comment